231 replies to this topic

#1 fck

fck
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:23 AM

so i bought a diesel mk2.  B)
Posted Image

the previous owner lied a lot about its condition, except that it didn't have any rust of notice.

but everything else was fucked, but the interior.  it was nice, and i like blue and tweed like materials.  

since then, i've replaced or rebuilt or reconditioned a lot of things on the car.  it's been cool to talk with buddies about it, and spend some time with people other than myself, as my job just keeps me out on the road all day by myself.  :wub:  i kinda talk to myself a lot, and i get boring after a short period of time.  B)

i got rid of all the old shit up front, but managed to mangle some brake hard lines on the rear, fuck up a couple bolts, and not realize i had a non adjustable tie rod on the drivers side. der.  B)

i did reseal and generally help quiet down the interior of the cabin though, by pulling the dash, taking care of my heater core, radio wiring, and rebuilding the heaterbox and odometer while it was all out.  fucked up my front speakers, too!  ^_^

so, i did stuff, and i'm happy to just fuck around and wrench and do stupid shit every now and again.  i did end up pulling the frame on this thing to get it real straight, because i didn't pay attention to why the panel gaps would be so out of alignment in the first place.  duhhh  :D

so here's some of the shit we reconditioned and powdered and put on.  feel free to point out the flaws and general bullshit job that we are doing. it's good to have buddies around.  :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i'm just kinda stoked knowing that at the end of this, i'll have a nice, tidy little runner to fuck around in, until my next ship comes close enough to swim to.   :wub:

#2 Isgro

Isgro
  • Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

Cool car man. :rolleyes:

#3 Maestor_Shake

Maestor_Shake
  • Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

Diesel. That's what i'm talking about. :)

#4 The Jacksons

The Jacksons
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

interior shots?

#5 fck

fck
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

oh yeah!
Posted Image
Posted Image

the wood will be getting a makeover soon. :lol:

#6 Von Koenig

Von Koenig
  • Members
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:35 AM

nice work Casey, goin through it with a finetooth comb!

:lol:

#7 sandlock

sandlock
  • Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

fight on!   :lol:

#8 fck

fck
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

yeah, doods. i'm pretty happy with this one, which is why that comb is so finely tooth-ed.

gotta get some more rear hardlines that i fucked up, a bolt or two that stripped out/stretched, and an adjustable tie rod in this week, before the girlfriend gets back from europe. then the vw days will get dark for a while. :blush:

fightin' is the name of the game, sand-o.  :P

anybody know what the hell this might be? coming out of the subframe at an unused hole.  the balls are smaller than bb's, and it's really greasy.  ideas?
Posted Image

#9 Shawn

Shawn
  • Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:24 AM

done yet?

#10 EDM

EDM
  • Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:46 AM

I love those early blue MK2 interiors.  :blush:

#11 fck

fck
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:18 AM

View PostShawn, on Apr 30 2008, 05:24 AM, said:

done yet?

no.  :wub:

i was gonna walk away, but the interior got me.   :blush:  :P

#12 Shawn

Shawn
  • Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:29 AM

So why does it look like the frame is tweeked in your thread?

#13 fck

fck
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

because it was...
i took it to a local joint with some good doods, and it's all straight now.  but i gotta get it on the road before i put the front end back on it.  it was a good inch or so in the vertical direction off from driver side to passenger side, and a degree or three off from front to back... but the panels all line up now, and the roof dent is practically gone.  :)

#14 NotoriousDUB

NotoriousDUB
  • Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Sweet interior dude :ph34r:

#15 fck

fck
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:27 AM

ugh.  i keep shooting myself in the foot.  :ph34r: